Monday, June 30, 2008

What life was like this week!

You might be asking yourself.. what was life like for Kimberly this week? Well.. let me tell you... BUSY!!!!

Okay... here's the story...

1. We had a garage sale this past weekend. So needless to say, we stayed up practically every night going through things. I was planning on selling some of my "excess" teacher items and then also having the garage sale. We went through boxes and boxes and tubs and tubs of stuff. We didn't even know we had so much stuff!! Where did we put it all?? Anyways... we sold a LOT of stuff. We did a pretty good job of selling things. If you want to know how much we made, I'll just tell you that it's over $1,000!! WOO-HOO!!

2. I had lunch with my friend, Amber and her twin boys, Caleb and Jacob. They're so cute. We took them to the Rainforest Cafe. We didn't know if they would like it or not, but them seemed to like it. We actually had an enjoyable lunch. Amber and I were impressed. They did such a great job. I know Amber took some pictures. They might be on her blog at some point. We'll have to wait and see.

3. I'm looking into getting a new car. I've been wanting to get one for a little while now. I've been looking to see if there are any good deals going on, but with the gas prices like they are, I didn't know if I should try or not. Well... I think I've finally decided that I need to get one. Yesterday, I went out to my car to go to church. I started it up and it sounded really funny. It was like it didn't want to go. I knew I hadn't driven it since Tuesday when I met Amber for lunch, but my goodness. It took me what seemed like FOREVER to get to church. We only live about a mile away. It just acted like it would stall out any minute. I finally got to church and I told my Dad. He said he'd look at it after church. Well.. after church he started it up. He said it made a funny sound too but didn't quite know what it was. We decided to go and grab some lunch and then come back and get it. After lunch, we went back to go and get it. Dad popped the hood before going home to see if he could see anything. When he opened it, he said, "Well.. there's your problem." Bet you want to know what the problem was, right? Well... the problem was that a RAT had CHEWED a SPARK PLUG in TWO PIECES!!! THAT STINKIN' RAT!!! Dad was able to drive it home.. actually "putt-putted". It smelled like gas. Dad said it was because it wasn't "running on all cylinders". So... Dad is going to fix the spark plug and then we're going to take it to CarMax and see what they'll give me. Maybe I'll be driving a new car soon. If I get one, I'll try to take a picture of it and show all of you. :D

Well... I better go so that Dad and I can go get the car ready to take to CarMax.

1 comment:

Amber S. said...

WOW! A RAT?! Crazy...

I didn't take too many pictures at Rainforest Cafe, but the ones that I did turned out stinkin' adorable! I'll post them when I do a "what's been going on around here" post again. Let us all know if you get a new ride!

And thanks again for the boys' gifts. Jacob and Caleb love the sound puzzle!