Sunday, August 3, 2008

Life This Past Week

Well... life this past week was fun. My friend Jeremy was in town and stayed with us for a little over a week. He left yesterday to head back to Houston to stay with some other friends of both of ours.

We went to the Mesquite Rodeo on Friday when he got here. That was fun. It was faster than I remember it being. We had pretty good seat and the riders were getting knocked off left and right!

Saturday was my birthday, so of course we had to "PARTAY"! ;)

Sunday was church and then we did a little shopping. That night we went to a church member's house and had a swim party.

Monday we went to the Frisco Roughriders game. We sat right behind home plate. It was HOT!!! We were in shade but it was still hot! The game was great. My name was on the big screen during the birthday annoucements. They won the game over the San Antonio Missions.

Tuesday we went shopping at the outlet mall in Allen. Afterwards we went to Stonebriar and did some more shopping. That night we went to see The Dark Knight and then went to dinner at Abuelos.

Wednesday we just stayed here. Jeremy went to the Rangers game that night by himself.

Thursday we went to Frisco and went shopping. That night we went to the Roughriders game again. This time my dad joined us. It was me and the guys! :) We were on the 3rd base line, so it was still HOT but the tickets we got were in what they call the "Teddy" section, which means we get to get all-you-can-eat hamburgers, hot dogs and drinks included with the price of the ticket. I liked that. ;)

Friday I had to take my car to CarMax to get the tailgate fixed. I spent most of the morning there trying to take care of it. Jeremy had to come and get me because they're not going to have it done until probably Monday or Tuesday. :(

Saturday we went to pick up a washer/dryer for my sister. Jeremy was so kind to stay and help us go pick it up and load it on the trailer. :D (Thank you Jeremy!) When we got back, he loaded up the car and headed back to Houston. Hopefully I'll be able to see him again before he leave. He's my friend that lives in England. He heads back at the end of August.

Plans for this week are to get ready for vacation. We're leaving BRIGHT AND EARLY on Thursday morning to travel to Tennessee. We have a family reunion every year at this time, so we just make it into our family vacation. Other than that, I don't plan on doing a lot.

Well.. I better go and wash some clothes so I'll have things to wear on vacation. I'll blog about vacation once we get back. Hopefully I'll have some pictures!

1 comment:

Amber S. said...

Wow - what a week! I'll have you know, I am really craving a ballpark hot dog now after reading your blog. ;-) (I might just have to load up the boys in the wagon and walk them down to the nearest QT. hehehe)