Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School

Today was our first day at school. I have 8 students this year. I have 5 in 1st grade and 3 in 2nd grade.

My room is really cute looking. I have my decorations up. I have a bigger room this year and lots of people said that I really lucked out this year. It's like I have a brand new room. New paint on the walls, new carpet, new shelves, a newer desk and more space. (They knocked down the wall joining my old room and the room next door, so I now have both rooms!)

Today went pretty smooth. I went over all the things in my class, like rules and where to find things. We read some stories, played some games and practiced our cursive handwriting. Yes, I did say cursive. I have to teach 1st and 2nd graders cursive. I didn't even learn cursive until I was probably in 3rd or 4th grade. Some of my 1st graders are just learning to print good. Yikes!

I have a good bunch of kids. It should be a pretty good year. I'll blog more as the year progresses.

We'll see what tomorrow holds!

No comments: