Tuesday, September 9, 2008

3rd Week and still going!

It's the 3rd week of school. This is actually the first full week that we've been in school. The past 2 weeks we didn't go all week due to just starting or Labor Day. I haven't gained any kids, so my count still stands at 8. Things are going pretty well. I LOVE having a big room. I have a roller chair, so it's easy to roll to one side of the room when I'm working with one grade and then roll over and work with the other grade. It also makes things easier because I'm at their level when I'm writing things on the board.

My kids are pretty good. I have 2 behavior systems in my class. One is where they have their name on a clip and they have to move it through our color chart if they are bad. They start on Green 1 and then move to Green 2, Yellow then Red. Luckily I haven't had anyone get to Red yet. I hope it doesn't start either. The other system is a "gold coin". They can earn these by doing something without being told to, being a good friend and things like that. When you get 10 coins, you can go into the "treasure box". I have been told that I have a pretty neat treasure box. :) I've already had a few get to go there. I hope they continue to be good. I know they can do it.

Other than school, not much is going on. I've just been going to school, coming home and doing a few things around the house and that's about it.

Well.. It's getting close to school being out. Yes.. I am writing at school. No.. my students are not in the room. They are at Art right now, so I had a few minutes. Good grief! Do you think I would write on my blog while school was in session!?! What kind of a teacher do you think I am!?! :)

(Don't answer that last question rhetorically!)

No comments: