Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Electricity is such a WONDERFUL thing!

Do you remember the high school chant we used to do?
"We've got spirit, yes we do. We've got spirit, how 'bout you?"

Well.. this was my chant last night
"We've got power, yes we do. We've got power, how 'bout you?"

We've been without power since about Friday night/Saturday morning. We decided to stay here during the hurricane. We didn't have much damage here. We lost a tree in our backyard as well as some limbs and leaves. We had to clean out our fridge and freezer since we lost power. I guess that was a good thing. I've been needing to do that!

We haven't had school since Thursday. We'll go back this Thursday. I know the kids are probably ready to get back.. yeah right! :D I know I am. I'm tired of just sitting at home watching the same television coverage day and night. I was glad to see some regular programming was on tv last night. I didn't see the Cowboys game though. :(

I've talked to some of my friends who live up north of me in Spring. They still don't have power. They are having to use generators. Pray for them. I know it's probably getting hot and boring up there with no power. Pray for the rest of Houston and especially the Galveston area. If you've watched any of the news, you saw the devestation there is. It's going to take a LONG time to get back to some sort of normalcy.

Well.. I wanted to update you and let you know that I am doing okay. I hope that everyone else is doing okay as well.

No comments: