Saturday, July 26, 2008

OVER THE HILL... OFFICIALLY!


HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY TO ME! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! (I'm singing this.. can't you tell! ;) )


I am officially 30 years old today... July 26th, 2008. It was 30 years ago today that I came into this lovely world. I was born at 1:10 p.m in Dallas... I think at Presbyterian Hospital.


An interesting side note about the year I was born.... It was the same year that the 1st ever test tube baby was born. She was born on July 25th, somewhere over in England. I saw her picture and stuff online the other day. Pretty cool, huh!


My family threw a party for me to celebrate. The menu consisted of brisket, smoked sausage, chicken, homemade baked beans, pasta salad, potato salad and homemade rolls. For dessert, we of course had birthday cake. My sister made it for me(see picture above). We also had my mom's famous banana pudding.


We invited several friends over and had a wonderful time of sitting around the table eating and talking.


I am thankful that God has given me these 30 years and hopeful that he will give me at least 30 more!




1 comment:

Amber S. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of us!! I really, really hate that we missed your party, however Jon and I had a really good time together on our "Babymoon." Your sister did an awesome job on the cake! Happy birthday again, and I hope the boys and I see you soon.