Thursday, May 29, 2008

1 Year Down... Lots More to Go!

No More School!! Yeah!!! Today was our last day! We're even out before all the other schools that are around us. They have to go for another week! There are some perks to working at a private Christian school!

I have my first "official" year of teaching down. I'm glad that it's over but I will miss seeing all my kids. Some even said that they didn't want to go and that they wanted to stay all year. Those crazy kids! :D

We're going to be remodeling the school over the summer. It's going to get a much needed facelift. I know that we're going to get new carpet and painting walls. There's going to be a new lunch room and a computer lab. All the teachers are going to get laptop computers. In my room, I'm going to get new carpet, new tables and chairs, a new teacher's desk and chair, paint and carpet and also have a wall taken down to have a bigger classroom! I'm so excited. It's going to be like a brand new room when it's all said and done. Pray that the renovations are done before school starts. It would be bad to start a year with a half done classroom.

Anyways... Summer has officially started. I'll have to post later about all my summer plans. It's going to be a busy summer, but I know I'll have fun.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Amber S. said...

YIPPEE! I always remember the last day of school... how fun to get to experience that as an adult too!!