Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Quick Update

Just a quick little update to let all of you know what's going on with my Mom.

Mom had her surgery on Thursday morning. It was about a 3 hour surgery. I didn't go back to Dallas because I figured she would need me more when I come home for the holidays. My sister kept me up-to-date with everything. She said that the nurse called them every 30 minutes to 1 hour to let them know of the progress. Now.. how many doctors really do that?!? Anyways... she came through it like a little trooper. My dad said it was kinda funny being on this side of the table. (My dad has had his fair share of surgeries and hospital stays... more than we would like to count!) I called Mom on Friday morning. She said that she had got sick several times and was dizzy. She had a phone call into the doctor but hadn't heard of anything. She sounded very sleepy. I asked her if she was in any pain and she said that she didn't really have a lot. That is a good thing.

I haven't called back to check on her, but I will later on today. I will try to keep you updated on how things are going. Please continue to keep us all in your prayers. We appreciate all of them.

No comments: